Kyle's French Toast
Well, it’s sort of mine, I guess. I ripped it from two different recipes and put it together so that even I can understand how to cook it. I made this for breakfast this morning and actually didn’t burn down the house or myself. My wife and I both loved it.
- 6 thick slices bread
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Beat together egg, milk, salt, desired spices and vanilla.
- Heat a lightly oiled griddle or skillet over medium-high flame.
- Dunk each slice of bread in egg mixture, soaking both sides.
- Place in pan, and cook on both sides 45 seconds to 1 minute or until golden. Serve hot with butter and/or maple syrup.